Download code lists
Think-family approach: Unless specified, indicators refers to information recorded in the child, mother and father.
Note: The indicators uses control flow methods to implement rule-based algorithms must be applied to specific indicators (mainly HRP-CM) to prevent misclassification including age-restrictions, exclusions of accidental injuries, genetic predispositions (bone diseases), traumatic birth injuries or maternal-child transmissions during birth (see below).
All ACE indicators:
Right-click on link to save as a “.txt” file (i.e. using option “save link as”) Total number of included ACE codes: 8802 (ACEs) + 8808 (covariates) Total number of excluded/tested codes: 7671
- All ACEs (8864)
- All ACEs + crossmapped SNOMED CT (8864)
- All ACEs GP/CPRD only: medcodes, prodcodes, measures only (6618)
- All ACEs Hospital only: ICD, OPCS and HES-APC specific fields (2246)
By ACE domain:
- Child maltreatment (1312)
- Intimate partner violence (972 including 519 codes for assault algorithm)
- High-risk presentation of CM (801)
- Adverse family environment (977)
- Parental mental health problems (3711)
- Parental substance misuse (1091)
Code lists for rule-based exclusions
- Accidents (2017)
- Osteoporosis - Bone disease (406)
- Birth injuries or traumatic complications (238)
- Mother-to-child-transmissions (15)
Need more code lists?
Dr Shabeer Syed, Clinical Psychologist & Senior Research Associate